At Clatford our vision is to promote the individual growth of every child, and to inspire confident learners, who believe in themselves as they aspire to achieve their full potential. Children are inspired to write through our curriculum approach, encouraging them to write for a range of different purposes and audiences. At all times, writing is focused around the National Curriculum objectives, whilst stimulating children’s creativity through a variety of ‘real’ writing opportunities.
Our key aims:
To inspire children to write.
- Provide a clear sequence of teaching writing, building on children’s prior knowledge and skills, making meaningful connections with reading.
- Develop a love for writing, whereby children take pride in their work.
- Provide real and exciting writing opportunities covering a range of different genres.
- Develop independence in writing.
- Build up stamina to writing at length.
- Expose children to enriched vocabulary, nurturing children to enjoy using language across different contexts and in their own lives.
- Use a consistent approach to teaching spelling.